Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Re-do Continued...

Part of the window treatment is also a find from my garage. The bark cloth was a steal at 10 cents at a garage sale down the street. I knew I'd use it for something someday. The black shawl on top of the bark cloth was a donation from my neighbor Janice. She picked it up at the dollar store, but wasn't able to use it and when I told her that I was re-doing my daughter's room, she was more than happy to make a contribution. (I have some really great neighbors!)









In one of the earlier posts, I said that I had 
picked up some great buys at Ikea. Well, this
awesome chandelier was one of them. The grand
total for the chandelier and the lighting attach-
ment that goes with it, was a mere $20. Yahoo!
Isn't it beautiful! I'm going to make a covering for the cord, but just haven't had the time yet.
The pink drapery panels behind the chandelier are also from Ikea. I think I paid $14 for them. They had lots of different colors to choose from and you can use them for so many things. I even use them under my table cloths to add another layer of color.


Another find from the garage was this large picture frame.
I believe I got it for $2 at a garage sale in the neighborhood.
I spray painted it a copper color and then tacked this map
of France in the center. The map is actually a paper pur-
chase from the scrapbook store....really cheap, but great
look.














These two pieces of art were picked up at an
art festival. They are prints of the originals. If
you like the artist's work, but can't afford the
originals, prints are the next best thing. I Love
the bright colors that these artists use. Well,
that's all for now. I'll post more tomorrow. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment